Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Phun With Photos!

Speaking of colorful ideas!  My old buddy, David, played around with my photo and came up with his own interpretation, adding a few highlights and some color here and there. I like it. We really did have color in those days, we just weren't so good at recording it!


Below is another vintage photo of a guy on a bike. One of my favorites. It was taken in Santa Barbara of a guy named Albert. Someone recently said of my blog, "I can't believe you think of all these things while riding your bike." 

I guess I'm not the only one who thinks while he's riding a bike. I certainly wouldn't put myself in the same class as Albert. Albert was a lot smarter than me. "I thought of that while riding my bike," said Albert Einstein, on his theory of relativity.  Another of his famous quotes also could be the subtitle of this blog. "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving."  


Time to go for a ride with my Christian cycling club, Outspokin' For Jesus!  I've got some thinking and 'balancing' to do!

2 comments:

  1. Why not be in the class of Albert?!! I think if Albert were alive today and he read your blogs he would be inspired. When you think you have dreamed as big as you can dream....it is time to DREAM yet again....BIGGER DREAMS. No limits because the possibilites are limitless. STEP INTO it one bike ride at a time. : ) Have agreat day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder, Rochelle! I love that you are reading these blogs on the other side of the world in Uganda while you work there as a missionary. There was a "Bikes for Africa" project I was interested in a few years ago. Apparently a bike can be a lifesaver when trying to get someone some emergency medical care in the villages. I may look into that again. Another great example of mixing passions together in the potion of life!

    ReplyDelete